Position: Access and Wayleave officer
Reporting to: Project Supervisor
Under the direction of the project Manager & outage planner, applicants will be required to perform visits to all site where up and coming works have been planned, the purpose of these visits will be to gain consent for the third party land owner for our staff and equipment to entry the lands and to agree the access and egress routes to be used for the works. The Patrol /Access officer will be responsible for liaising with the landowner’s through-out the duration of the works. Upon completion of the works he or she will be required to revisit all work sites and confirm the land has been left in an acceptable condition, where lands are found to be left in an unacceptable condition he or she supported by the project management will be responsible for developing a plan to repair and reinstate the land to the satisfaction of all stakeholders. He or she will be required to assess the condition of the assists (namely pole) that the work crews will be required to work on and feed information back to the outage planner daily.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be competent in the network diagram reading.
- Be competent is assessing pole decay
- Document and record all interactions with land owners
- Photograph the access routes before work starts
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works (job sheets / stage one risk assessments.
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- Competent in the use of hand held electronic devices and using APPs.
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and provide support at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- The successful candidate will hold a full driver’s licence and have a minimum one year proven driving experience
Carry out such other duties as are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills and are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contract or for attainment of the goals of the business.
Health & Safety Compliance:
Follow site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimise the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims. Document and record all site hazards and feed information back to management so that site operatives are fully aware when they attend site to complete the works. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary proceedings.