Circet Ireland are looking for an experienced Civils Team Manager with knowledge of civils and subducting activities on telecom infrastructure build and maintenance contracts.
As Team Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out in progress and retrospective site audits whilst checking and reporting compliance levels for both the company and client.
You will coach and mentor field operatives to improve quality, compliance and safety at civils stage and activations, and to optimise customer KPI measures.
Responsibilities as Civils Team Manager include:
- Carry out joint site meetings with client and other relevant stakeholders.
- Survey and programme work streams for supply chain.
- Provide updates and reports on a regular basis to the works control and noticing department
- Carry out daily toolbox audits and safety audits with both direct staff and sub-contractors.
- Carry out in-progress audits and coach sub-contractors on site.
- Investigate jobs and assign responsible operatives for commercial reporting.
- Ensure all permit and noticing conditions are being met on site.
- Keep accurate daily records of works planned and issues encountered.
- Report daily to your contracts manager of outputs, problems, issues.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the line manager.
- Report findings real time via a handheld device in conjunction with client and works control.
Health & Safety Obligations
- Fully understand and implement the company safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the programmes for the contracts are successfully delivered in a Safe, Quality and On Time Manner.
- Ensure that a ‘Right First Time’ culture is adopted and developed throughout the business.
- Drive compliance to any regulatory measures that may apply to the works and operations that Circet undertake.
- Ensure that all contracts achieve turnover and profitability by maximising efficiency and minimising cost of failure.
- Manage Client relationships within the client organisations across all areas.
- Sponsor new ways of working which would improve delivery and service then support any activities being undertaken to implement change.
Skills & Experience required/preferred:
- Experience and a strong understanding of the Purple Book SROH
- CSCS Signing, Lighting & Guarding at Roadworks Card.
- CSCS Health and Safety Roadworks Card.
- IT skills to liaise with group works control.
- An understanding of permit to work schemes and noticing.
- Experience of demonstrating good communication skills and of prioritising works effectively.
- Comfortable and confident working to tight timescales effectively.
- Experience of dealing with external stakeholders and communicating effectively.
- Experience of implementing, following and amending procedures for the purpose of service delivery as dictated by the client.
- Previous reinstatement experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to understand client’s quality requirements.
- Candidates should be professional; self-motivated with good communication skills and be able to integrate fully into the project delivery team.
- Experience of managing civils / utility contracts preferable telecoms
Desired Attributes of Successful Candidate:
- General: Practical with common sense approach with a tenacious “can do” attitude.
- Analytical Thinking: Logical / problem solver.
- Communication: Credible communicator, comfortable with both written and verbal.
- Customer Focus: Able to deliver.
- Dealing with Change: Able to embrace change and influence others.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving: Confident in ability and able to make informed decisions and communicate accordingly. Not afraid to ask or seek other opinions. Able to challenge appropriately.
- Delivering Results: Completer/finisher, sees things through to the end.
- Leadership: Able to take a lead role and be seen as a leader.
- Innovation: Able to offer alternative solutions and options.
- Strategic & Commercial Awareness: Understands and takes into consideration business impact of decisions, operational and client requests.