Job: Commercial Finance Business Partner (Circet Home Division)
Purpose: Responsible for all necessary analysis (financial & KPI) of the performance of the Circet Home division, assistance to divisional management in understanding all parts of the division’s performance and production of monthly management accounts.
Reports to: Circet Home Managing Director (with strong dotted line to Group CFO)
Company Scale: Forecast total Group turnover in excess of €700m for FY Dec 23 (Circet Home c. €170m)
Location: GHQ, Cloverhill, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
The Group’s functional reporting currency is € however it currently operates in ROI & UK.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts for Circet Home division
- Responsible for reporting monthly operational figures & KPIs to Central Finance & Circet Home executive team
- Responsible for reviewing entity Balance Sheets on a monthly basis
- Assist in annual budget preparation, business plan and re-forecasts
- Analysing and investigating variances; summarising data, information and trends
- Ad -hoc reporting and analysis as required by both Central Finance and Circet Home executive team
- Analysing productive labour performance across all different rates, including comparison by crew/Team/Region within each rate (to identify outliers).
- Identification of problematic client rates by way of rate-based analysis – both on a direct contribution and contract margin basis.
- Identify cost drivers within each workstream and work with the relevant team to identify opportunities for improvement & help to implement them
- Refinement of incentive structure (for direct staff) to ensure optimum performance.
- Analysis of all other costs in order to ensure costs are maintained in line with budget/no waste
- Develop and improve controls environment.
- Develop/Refine weekly management flash reports (revenue/costs, etc.) to ensure management are kept informed on all KPIs.
- Liaising with back-office team to ensure relevant WIP reporting is being circulated on an ongoing basis, with improvements to reporting where necessary. Ensure WIP v invoicing is tracked and managed at the appropriate contract level.
- Ensure accurate project/dashboard reporting
- Monitoring of headcount to ensure that headcount is only added as and when necessary. Ownership of regular headcount reporting.
- Tracking of all commercial metrics from a trend perspective – reporting v budget and v prior years, etc.
- Walk contract managers through their P&L monthly (and KPIs on a weekly basis), highlighting areas of concern/items that require focus/attention, etc. Ensure ownership of all variances, etc.
- Financial Systems and Controls – assisting in the continuous review and strengthening of the systems of internal control.
- Assist in developing key reports in Microsoft Navision ERP & Solver (reporting tool)
- Develop and maintain an open relationship with Central Finance Team
- Develop and maintain open relationships with Directors, Circet Home executive team and other key personnel appropriate for the effective execution of the role
Key Skills/Person Specification
- ACA qualified with 2-3 years PQE
- Self – motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills including advanced use of excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in financial systems and processes
- Ability to work on multiple assignments with varying deadlines
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision (4PS) would be a distinct advantage