Circet UK are currently looking for a Finance Business Partner, to be based in our Slough offices.
This role will involve managing budgets and forecasts, producing accurate reporting, managing the month end process, reporting variances to budget, driving through initiatives to close gaps to budget, and generally partnering their respective area of the business for all of their financial management.
Outside of the month end and budgeting processes, the successful candidate will lead on ad-hoc reporting, analysis and cost saving initiatives. They will partner with stakeholders across the business to drive results and improve the bottom line.
- Financial Planning, including yearly budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Management of risk and opportunity registers
- Monthly P&L reviews, with variance analysis against budget and subsequent driving of actions to close gaps and drive the business forwards.
- Building effective collaborative relationships with stakeholders to effectively become a partner for all of that area’s financial management.
- Work closely in partnership with central finance team on month end; including monitoring transactions to ensure efficiency and accuracy, producing accounting calculations and journals, and managing month end close to a strict timetable.
- Work closely with management teams to drive financial stability and governance, accuracy of data, planning and financial analysis of new cost savings initiatives and financial impacts of new projects.
- By understanding cost drivers and business requirements, collaborate to develop new cost saving opportunities and support in their implantation.
- Challenge unjustified spend and unrealistic forecasts by understanding business needs and strategy.
- Present financial figures to management at recurring intervals and highlight risks and opportunities as necessary.
- Qualified or nearly-qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Previous finance business partnering or commercial finance experience
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Good stakeholder skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including pivot tables and formulas with Excel and Powerpoint presentations
- Reporting and analysis experience
- Meticulous and conscientious
- Experience with cost saving initiatives
- Experience with financial systems