On the back of an ever-increasing workload, Circet Ireland are looking for an experienced HSEQ Advisor to support our various projects, and meet the requirements of the Safety Quality and Environment Management systems.
This role will also involve assisting the site teams and managers by recognising hazards and seeking to minimise risks, ensuring high standards of HSEQ are attained and continually improved and to ensure all HSEQ legal obligations are met.
Key responsibilities as HSEQ Advisor include:
- Development of the HSEQ Management system, in line with OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Ensuring compliance with HSEQ statutory duties is achieved.
- Reporting to management on the performance of the management systems and any need for improvement.
- Ensuring the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation.
- To support the delivery of the HSEQ strategy for Circet Ireland and to assist in achieving continuous improvement in HSEQ performance across all parts of the company.
- To provide assurance to the HSEQ Manager by means of appropriate monitoring and intervention, that operations fulfils its obligations under HSEQ legislation.
- To support the development of Circet Ireland culture as the organisation rapidly expands and changes.
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate the operation of HSEQ performance across the region, working with senior management as appropriate.
- Offer competent advice on HSEQ Matters to the company and its staff.
- To ensure that all worksites are fully compliant with legal HSEQ obligations.
- Develop and instigate HSEQ initiatives.
- Ensure continual improvement and develop, in conjunction with the HSEQ Manager, HSEQ targets, objectives and KPI’s.
- Completion of Construction Stage Plans, Pre-Qualification & Tender Documents, Emergency Response Plans etc.
- Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works.
- Writing risk assessments and method statements.
- Site audits & inspections including external audits for ISO 45001, 14001 & 9001.
- Assisting with Occupational Health issues.
- Training – undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc.
- Ensuring records of incidents are maintained and investigations undertaken to establish the root causes and that controls are in place to avoid a reoccurrence.
- Monitor working hours to avoid exceeding the relevant legislation and internal policy.
- Driving continuous improvement and implementing initiatives to promote best practice at all times.
Skills & Experience required:
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- Relevant HSEQ training, e.g. Safepass, manual handling, first Aid, etc.
- Extensive experience within a civil engineering or telecommunications environment.
- Effective communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages.
- A passion for Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.