Circet Ireland are seeking to recruit an experienced HSEQ Manager for our Construction / Civils divisions.
This role will have the responsibility to ensure that all obligations stipulated in the contract are adhered to. You will be required to travel nationwide and a small team of advisors and graduates. You will provide ongoing safety awareness briefings through the regular contact with workers, and interface and analyse the information collected through weekly audit and report findings. You will have responsibility for the implementation of the corporate quality and environmental policies and practices to OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, ISO 9001, 50001 and 14001 at an operational level.
Key responsibilities as HSEQ Manager include:
- Produce weekly and monthly reports and findings of the analysis of the completed audit/ inspections carried out by FLM’s with recommendations for corrective actions.
- Undertake investigations of all accidents, potential accidents and identified hazards, making appropriate recommendations where necessary to ensure future prevention.
- Liaise with the company Training Manager on the identification and fulfilling of all HSEQ training requirements. Where necessary and appropriate, undertake instruction.
- Ensure that regular HSEQ inspections are carried out and that the findings of the inspections are acted on, reviewed and corrective actions implemented.
- Ensure that the legislative requirements associated with the Health & Safety at Work Act and all associated Regulations are implemented.
- Assess, develop and maintain high standards of performance and productivity through leadership, effective communication, coaching, training and staff development.
- Regularly hold one to one meetings with direct reports to set, monitor and review individual objectives / targets via performance management system;
- Ensure you and direct reports adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure that set KPI’s are met and where possible excelled.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation regarding: Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality
- Ensure ongoing compliance to safe system of work including appropriate monitoring and analysis and corrective action planning. Conduct internal audits to ensure compliance at all times.
- Maintenance and review to ensure accuracy of site records regarding site meetings and project queries.
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, ISO 9001-2000, 50001 & ISO 14001; Manage ongoing compliance to all defined company processes as defined by external standards.
- Ensure field quality check targets are met and results analysed.
- To comply with and actively promote all Company policies.
- Regular and effective communication with all stakeholders to ensure delivery of contract.
- Liaison with third parties as and when required.
Skills & Experience required:
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Extensive experience within a civil engineering, utilities or telecommunications environment.
- Effective communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages.
- CSCS Card.