The MDU Programme Manager will support our Fibre Build Team with the delivery of Fibre to Multiple Dwelling Units (MDUs) across Ireland. This is a key role within our MDU (Multi Dwelling Units) programme, helping Circet to bring fibre broadband to Ireland as part of our one our strategic programmes with various projects. These are typically larger residential buildings, with multiple individual premises – being blocks of flats or apartments – and also involves the installation of associated OutSide Plant (Cabling & Splicing)
Reporting to the Project Lead, you will work within the Programme Management Team and will have Nationwide responsibility for delivering the MDU Fibre rollout for a leading Communication Provider in Ireland.
The role requires effective co-ordination of the programme’s deliverables and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising.
- Planning and Designing the MDU programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensuring the MDU programme meets all KPI requirements from a delivery and commercial perspective.
- Defining the programme’s governance arrangements
- Ensuring the delivery of Fibre build to MDUs is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards.
- Ensuring there is allocation of resources and skills within the MDU programme
- Managing third party contributions to the projects such as permission to surveys and wayleave to build
- Managing communications with all stakeholders – internal and external
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the programme's successful outcome
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the SRO or programme director if this role is also defined
- Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the SRO, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage multiple activities at a time
- Proven ability in achieving business objectives through effective people management and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Confident and strong character with the ability to ensure that plans are kept to, and expectations are well managed
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solution
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail, coupled with excellent organisational and time management skills
Essential qualifications and experience
- Experience of programme management of multidisciplinary projects
- Engineering degree to equivalent experience in a relevant discipline