Due to extensive growth, we have an exciting opportunity for Network Planners to join the Circet Design Team.
This role is based in our Letterkenny offices, for the surveying and design of an FTTP network in Ireland but not limited to. Forming part of the Circet planning team, you will operate a Network Documentation System that includes passive network elements.
You will have key involvement in FTTX network modelling including planning civil, fibre routes, producing maps and drawings, and providing CAD/GIS and mapping support to staff members.
You will be required to measure fibre cable lengths and provide cabling splicing and termination schedules.
- Initial fundamental design of fibre Passive Optical Networks (PONS) / FPA using multiple different systems /or Circet design tools.
- The planning & design of the FTTX networks from the Point of Presence to the premise on the project will involve:
- Creation of Low-level and High-Level Designs
- Surveying and validation of planned fibre routes, identifying suitable demarcation points and constraints such as but not limited to: D-Poles, low wires, chamber and pole viability, Connectorised Block terminal locations, splice locations, duct congestion, new pole locations, validation of homes passed
- Completion of Bill of Materials/Bill of Quantities
- Completion of Design Risk Assessments
- Completion of construction packs
- Ensure design meets the clients architectural and technical requirements and standards
Skills / Experience:
- IT literate with MS packages
- Proven track record for delivering results to tight timescales
- Good communication skills verbal & written
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Strong desire to continually improve performance
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Flexibility to travel throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Full driving licence
Desired (not essential)
- Experience in communications industry
- Engineering qualifications
- GIS background
- Smallworld system
- ARC GIS PRO
- Auto Cad
- Coding python c