We are hiring!
Circet require multiple Overhead Fibre operatives. These include the following types of positions:
- LE1 level linespersons to assist with our current crews to install fibre optic cable on ESBN overhead power networks in ROI.
- Permit holders/PICW (PERSON IN CHARGE OF WORK) to join our team.
- Fibre Splicing Engineers who will be responsible for building PONs.
Working with Circet
Circet Ireland & UK (Formerly KN Group) have built an ever-growing portfolio of specialist services. We are leading providers to the Telecommunications, Transport Infrastructure and Power Sectors in Ireland and the UK. We are driven to be innovative and proactive in delivering solutions that meet our client’s expectations while not losing sight of their changing requirements. With over 4000 employees across Ireland & UK we continue to bring people together to make this happen.
- Prep and splice fibre optic cables as laid out in the splicing matrix.
- Have experience with various splice closures. AFL fibre donut joints would be beneficial.
- Operate an optical power meter & OTDR for Testing/Fault finding.
- Be able to read and understand test results for troubleshooting.
- Be willing to work outside normal hours including weekends if required.
- Ensure the highest standard is maintained across the ESBT Overhead power network.
- Installation of optical fibre cable, managing fibre tubing, splicing in remote sites using splicing tables and tents, splicing fibre from MEWP basket if necessary, using fiber blowing equipment to required standards, including fault finding on existing network.
- Live network Fusion splicing using Fujikura 70s or similar.
- Splicing and testing of external optical fibres to the end customer premise in line with quality standards using OTDR /ILM/PMD/CD/EXFO FTB200 or similar.
- Working as an individual and as a part of team to achieve targets and KPI’s.
- Adherence with Health and Safety legislation.
- Utilise all equipment necessary for working on Overhead lines and fibre network as detailed in the OHL manual.
- A good understanding and practical experience in Fibre splicing and network build.
- Knowledge of telecommunication infrastructure and FTTP PON Build, OFN (one fibre network)
- Previous AFL fibre wrap Network Experience would be an advantage.
- The ability and desire to work as part of a team but be focused on individual goals.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work at heights and confined spaces
- Ability to operate and work from MEWP’s if required.
- Ability to work in all weathers
- Knowledge of Microsoft package – word, excel etc.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices including risk assessments.
- A Full/clean driving license is essential.
- CSCS/CSR qualification would be an advantage but will not exclude the ideal candidate.
- New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 operative qualifications (Unit 2) would be desirable.
- NOPS (Network Operative Passport Scheme) card will be desirable.
- Accreditations such as N23, M23 will be desirable
- Knowledge of power lines, earthing, proximity zones, etc will be essential. Candidates must be have experience and knowledge of working with MEWP's both wheeled and track.
- Candidates must be competent to work on steel lattice towers up to 60m in height, and work off hanging ladders.
- Candidates must be able to climb wood poles up to 23m in height using climbing spikes and climb safe equipment.
- Knowledge of fibre/fibre wrapping techniques would be very beneficial, but not essential
Why work in Circet?
- Be part of a company that encourages involvement, diversity and inclusion
- Be part of a company that nurtures excellence and develops leaders
- Be part of a company that encourages personal development and career progression through our further education programme, mentoring programme and pathway programme
- Be part of a company that is dedicated to making a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility
- You will get a competitive salary and a benefits package which includes 25 days annual leave per annum, life assurance, access to Employee Assistance Programmes and access to career developmental opportunities.