On the back of an ever-increasing workload, Circet Ireland are looking for an experienced Overhead Power Line Surveyor to complement our existing team.
As a Overhead Power Line Surveyor you will work under the supervision of the Overhead Lines Project Supervisor, you will perform overhead line inspections as well as condition based assessments of electricity networks wood poles.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Required to visually identify all components of the overhead distribution and transmission systems as well as understanding of basic theory of system operation.
- Perform Existing pole assessments (location, type, conditions).
- Perform detailed overhead surveys – Such as Ground clearance & span distance measurement
- Able to read & understand Power Network Drawings & symbology
- Identifying any network or environmental hazards
- Identifying any potential specific Traffic Management requirements. Also determine at planning stage any specific wayleave requirements.
- Daily use of handheld Ipad GPS Device
- Employee will also be responsible to learn and use daily company & client GIS and Asset Management software.
- Employee will be responsible to audit existing data in the Asset management database for accuracy against current field conditions.
- Work within all applicable safety rules.
- Wear all required PPE provided
- Work both independently and in group settings.
- Must be competent with power and hand tools.
- Must be able to work independently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to obtain additional specialised training as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge; Experience and Skills:
- Overhead Electricity Power Networks
- Proficient use and knowledge of software apps on handheld devices such as ArcGIS or Korec
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working on a Power Network environment (desirable)
- Experience using GIS platforms.
- Ability to use a smartphone, a tablet or a laptop with a Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Up-to-date certification in Manual Handling & First Aid at Work.
- Work outdoors in challenging field environments. For example, in bad weather conditions.
- Attention to detail.
- High levels of quality standards.
- Previous Power Networks background
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Open to innovation.
- Right first-time approach.
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Committed to Business Objectives.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong personality and professional attitude.