The PICW Line Worker will be the Person In Charge of Works and a key members of the Project team, adhering to procedures, focused on producing the best quality service, being highly productive and mindful of costs. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a challenging, dynamic, team-based environment. The role is to carry out maintenance and renewal of the overhead line equipment and associated powers supply systems to meet the needs and requirements of the division. The PICW linesmen must co-operate with the site supervisor and observe all precautions indicated by them, they must carry out all his/her instructions precisely.
- To ensure all works are in compliance with current / future health and safety legislation, relevant standards and procedures.
- Interfacing with linesmen within their team, site supervision and customer representatives.
- Interfacing with client representatives’ and customers
- To ensure all allocated work pack documentation is completed correctly, recorded and submitted within the relevant time scales
- Provide technical information that is within their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure near miss and good catches are reported in a timely manner
- Work at height on poles and towers in a safe and professional manor, utilising MEWP’s when required.
- Carry out maintenance, repair and refurbishment of Overhead lines as directed.
- Utilise all equipment necessary for working on Overhead lines network as detailed in the KNNS & Client standards documents
- Be responsible when carrying out works on the customer’s property.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have:
- Current drivers licence
- Current ESB Authorisation
- Current IPAF accreditation
- Pole Top Rescue certificate
- Manual Handling certificate
- City in Guilds Linesman qualification or equivalent
- Minimum of four years proven experience in the role.
- A strong understanding of project health and safety requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Basic customer services skills.
- Competent in the use of hand held electronic works control devices
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide results.
- Ability to work on your own initiative without constant direction.
Position: PICW Line Worker (Power)
Full Time Full Time Permanent