Position: Purchasing Officer
Reporting to: Group Procurement Manager
Location: GHQ, Cloverhill Industrial Estate, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
The successful candidate must have at least 4 years’ experience within a similar role. He/she should be highly skilled at communicating with suppliers and relevant internal departments as well as capable of working as part of the Procurement Department.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
The following reflect the main tasks associated with this position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Place orders with assigned suppliers at regular intervals and ensure the prompt delivery of these orders
- Liaise with site management on materials required
- Benchmark supplier groups at regular intervals
- Determine areas for improvement within the existing supply chain
- Report all cost savings achieved on a quarterly basis
- Manage the accommodation and travel for business with a particular attention to spend and achieving cost savings
- Aid the department in maintaining and improving on its SLA
- Produce and analyze monthly KPIs
- Negotiate prices with suppliers as well as follow up on price requisitions as requested
- Create reports using spreadsheets.
- Must be flexible to participate in other duties as required by the department
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience of buying from suppliers within the Telecoms/ Construction/Rail/Civil Engineering/Power Sectors is essential
- Excellent administrative duties skills, associated with procurement.
- Excellent organisational communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Desired competencies: Commercial Awareness; Results Oriented; Collaboration; Customer Focus; Creativity; Communication.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications
- Self-driven, results-oriented, team player with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Carry out such other duties as are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills and are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or for attainment of the goals of the business.