Position: Senior Authorised Person (SAP) Power Division
Reporting To: Project Manager Power Division
Location: Northern Ireland
Job purpose and Scope
- The SAP will have the responsibility for achieving safety from the system in order for the line crews to perform their works and scheduling shutdowns of the projects. The candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an SAP on overhead electricity projects.
- Correctly implementing all specified procedures to ensure that all safety precautions which achieve Safety from the System are completed.
- Issue and cancel safety documents
- Ensure all shutdowns are delivered on time, meet the client quality standards and have the required functionality.
- Promote and deliver the aims of the Company to meet or exceed the quality levels and customer support objectives central to the Company’s core business.
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place for all operations by managing and addressing the Health & Safety requirements of each function.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company procedures.
- For all work schemes
- Break schemes into shutdowns
- Check switching locations
- Check backfeeds
- Check potential generation requirements
- Complete E600 in conjunction with our planning.
- Complete generator form and submit if required.
- Visit generator locations.
- In conjunction with planner, deal with all queries in relation to the shutdown.
- Carry out switching operations.
- During the shutdown, if overrun is likely, you are required to contact NIED & Circet planner/ PM as soon as you are aware.
- Record details of all plant coming off or being added to network and submit to both NIED & Circet.
- After shutdown completion return network to normal and carry out testing where required.
- Email Circet Planner / Circet PM + Control with any issue that may have arisen during the day.
Accountabilities and Main Duties
Short-term Planning and Monitoring:
- Agree job programmes with Supervisors/Managers and monitor progress. Communicate site programme progress and subsequent changes to all parties.
Client Relations & Liaison, (including clients’ professional representatives):
- Represent the company at off-site meetings. Obtain agreement to variations.
- Monitor organisation and methods to ensure maximum efficiency. Set common operational standards throughout sites. Provide technical support to Supervisors/Managers. Partake in regular progress review meetings and review labour requirements with Managers.
Quality Control and Compliance:
- Monitor methods and output to ensure that required quality standards are achieved. Monitor output to ensure compliance with Regs and any other prevailing legislation. Liaise with QA to resolve any issues.
Health & Safety Compliance:
- Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimise the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims. Carry out safety and compliance audits on the sites and provide solutions and close out any actions were necessary.
- Carry out such other duties as are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills and are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or for attainment of the goals of the business.
- Significant SAP experience in overhead lines projects deployments in the electricity utility environment.
- Thorough and practical understanding and implementation of project delivery.
- Excellent project planning and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing health and safety
- A management qualification and/or third level education is desirable.