We are Hiring!
The Wayleave Officer is responsible for obtaining consent to deploy our equipment, engaging both landlords and local authorities to agree Wayleaves in line with our agreed programme timescales within the power division.
Reporting into the Contract Manager, the Wayleave Officer will work closely with Project, Survey and Build colleagues to ensure that works proceed in good order, and customers and landlords are informed and agreed to the works proposed.
Working with Circet
Circet Ireland & UK (Formerly KN Group) have built an ever-growing portfolio of specialist services. We are leading providers to the Telecommunications, Transport Infrastructure and Power Sectors in Ireland and the UK. We are driven to be innovative and proactive in delivering solutions that meet our client’s expectations while not losing sight of their changing requirements. With over 4000 employees across Ireland & UK we continue to bring people together to make this happen.
* Undertake the review and analysis of the workstack so as to identify landlords and landowners who will need to be engaged in the course of works, utilising the Land Registry and like sources
* Build relationships with key landlords and landowners in our award area
* Proactively engaging with these to ensure that Circet works and timescales are understood and accesses granted for Survey
* Formally agreeing the route and proposed works with these to conclude the Wayleave agreement, ensuring the correct permissions are in place prior to the Build works commencing and taking proactive steps to address any issues which might impacts works
* Communicate with and act as the key point of contact for all stakeholders, responding to queries in a timely manner
* Track progress through both the Circet and Client systems, providing timely updates on both progress and issues
* Develop and improve our Wayleave practice and tools.
* Strong problem-solving skills, with experience of previous planning or administration roles
* Strong understanding of the network and Fibre technologies
* Strong sense of ownership in delivery, committed to achieving customer outcomes and working proactively
* Ability to make informed decisions and communicate these to others
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
* Network knowledge
* Team working
* Planning, prioritising and organising skills
* Influencing, negotiation and interpersonal communication
* Self-assertion and personal impact
* Problem solving and customer focus
Why work in Circet?
* Be part of a company that encourages involvement, diversity and inclusion
* Be part of a company that nurtures excellence and develops leaders
* Be part of a company that encourages personal development and career progression through our further education programme, mentoring programme and pathway programme
* Be part of a company that is dedicated to making a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility
* You will get a competitive salary and a benefits package which includes 25 days annual leave per annum, life assurance, access to Employee Assistance Programmes and access to career developmental opportunities