Circet Home division is looking to recruit Fiber Engineer Crew Lead / GU postcode, UK area.
Circet Ireland & UK (Formerly KN Group) have built an ever-growing portfolio of specialist services. We are leading providers to the Telecommunications, Transport Infrastructure and Power Sectors in Ireland and the UK. We are driven to be innovative and proactive in delivering solutions that meet our client’s expectations while not losing sight of their changing requirements. With over 4000 employees across Ireland & UK we continue to bring people together to make this happen.
Reporting into the Fibre supervisor, the Fibre Engineer Crew Lead will work in a pivotal role installing and servicing FTTP and client CPE across multiple clients. The FECL will be installing underground using both OR PIA and client specific network. Activities will include using ABF equipment, plant equipment, backfill and reinstatement within customer boundaries. Ensuring all H&S standards are being adhered to and the quality standards being met as per the client specification.
Key Duties and responsibilities :
- Confident in the use and basic maintenance of a Works tablet, fibre splicing machine, Power Meter, Fibre Identifier and Micro Scope
- Splicing within loss limits
- Installation of fibre passive as per the client specification ensuring quality is being adhered too.
- To be confident in the reading and understanding the test results for troubleshooting purposes.
- Strong communication skills are absolutely essential; ability to communicate between co-workers and third parties.
- Be able to judge minor changes within a network and report those changes to the Fibre Coach and/or fibre supervisor
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed
- Report any incidents and accidents immediately. Follow the company Incident Reporting procedure.
- Participate in training & upskilling of Fibre Engineers
- Provide support and guidance to Fibre Engineers to ensure timely and quality service
- Qualifications, knowledge and skills required:
- SA001, SA002,S7
- NRSWA unit 2
- Blown fibre
- Backfill and reinstatement
- Experience working on the OR network using PIA
- Abrasive wheel and Cat & Genny training
The role is suit to all applicants and Circet is an equal opportunity employer.