NETWORK PLANNER JOB DESCRIPTION
- This role is office based in our Letterkenny offices and will involve the planning and design of FTTP networks across Ireland and internationally. Forming part of the Circet planning team, you will operate a Network Documentation System that includes passive network elements.
- You will have key involvement in FTTX network modelling including planning civil, fibre routes, producing maps and drawings, and providing CAD/GIS and mapping support to staff members and clients.
- You will be required to assess fibre cable lengths and provide cabling splicing and termination schedules.
- This role is suit to all applicants and Circet is an equal opportunity employer.
- Initial fundamental design of fibre Passive Optical Networks (PONS) / FPA using multiple different systems / or Circet design tools.
- The planning & design of the FTTX networks from the Point of Presence to the premise on the project will involve (but is not limited to):
- Creation of Low-level and High-Level Designs.
- Validation and revalidation of planned fibre routes, identifying suitable demarcation points and constraints such as but not limited to: D-Poles, low wires, chamber and pole viability, Connectorised Block terminal locations, splice locations, duct congestion, new pole locations, validation of homes passed.
- Completion of Bill of Materials/Bill of Quantities.
- Completion of Design Risk Assessments.
- Completion of construction packs
- Ensure design meets the clients architectural and technical requirements and standards.
- Status reporting and providing project updates.
- Data analysis and / or file comparison
- Supporting Survey team and responding to queries
Skills / Experience:
- IT literate with MS packages.
- Proven track record for delivering results to tight timescales.
- Good communication skills verbal & written.
- Positive approach to problem solving.
- Strong desire to continually improve performance.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Flexibility to travel throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Full clean driving licence.
Desired (not essential)
- Experience in communications industry
- Engineering qualifications
- GIS background
- Smallworld system
- ARC GIS PRO
- Auto Cad
- Coding python c
- Business Skills
- Team leading
- Projecting management
- Power BI