As Assistant Project Manager you will have the responsibility for the safety, technical, contractual, budget and scheduling activities of each project.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects from design through completion in accordance with company objectives.
- Facilitate reviews and help resolve issues with cross-functional groups and external firms.
- Demonstrate superior performance in resolving highly critical issues while maintaining rigorous adherence to project timelines and costs.
- Managing vendor relationships and understanding of standard practices in the Telecommunications industry.
- Manage and ensure all project programmes are issued and up to date.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, to budget, meet the client quality standards and have the required functionality.
- Formulation & management of budgets for all contracts under your control to ensure that cost control is effective in ensuring that financial objectives are met.
- Promote and deliver the aims of the company to meet or exceed the quality levels and customer support objectives central to the company’s core business.
- Develop and deliver Service Level Agreements for each project and sub-contractor contract under your control.
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of the service delivery against agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Administer formal management and reporting procedures.
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place for all operations by managing and addressing the Health & Safety requirements of each function.
- Suggest and implement improvements and innovations in service delivery.
- Ensure client satisfaction.
- Take on adhoc projects from time to time as deeded necessary by the Contracts Manager.
Health & Safety Obligations
- Fully understand and implement the company safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the programmes for the contracts are successfully delivered in a Safe, Quality and On Time Manner.
- Ensure that a ‘Right First Time’ culture is adopted and developed throughout the business.
- Drive compliance to any regulatory measures that may apply to the works and operations that undertake.
- Ensure that all contracts achieve turnover and profitability by maximising efficiency and minimising cost of failure.
- Manage Client relationships within the client organisations across all areas.
- Sponsor new ways of working which would improve delivery and service then support any activities being undertaken to implement change.
- Significant Project Management experience in 2G / 3G / 4G project deployments in Telecommunications environment.
- Thorough and practical understanding and implementation of project lifecycle and delivery.
- Excellent project planning and project management skills.
- Capable of managing large and complex projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong vendor management experience.
- A third level education is desirable.
- NRSWA accredited.